Wednesday, July 19, 2006

How to be antisocial

I just got my first ipod. I know, I know I can't help the fact that I'm old school. I love it. Eight hours of music in a tiny box. The problem is, I want to use it everywhere I go. Nothing says "Don't talk to me!!" like wearing earphones. With this and text messaging, verbal communication should die out within the next ten years. I hate it when good technology leads to bad things.

I saw "You, me, and Dupree" today, and to my great surprise, I thought it was very good. Owen Wilson played the same part he always plays, Kevin Dillon was the straight man, and Kate Hudson was very cute. What made this movie better than it looked was good writing and directing. It was the feel good movie of the year.

Thought for the day-

No day is all bad when you have your music playing.

3 Comments:

Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I'm looking forward to seeing Dupree; thanks for the update. Saw Devil Prada the other day. Liked it.

No day is all bad when you have your music...

Or your Dove Dark Chocolates!

11:38 PM  
Blogger Bugwit said...

Don't feel bad about the anti-social thing, or the old-school thing.

I recently got rid of my cell phone. I decided that if I'm not not home or at my office, I really don't want to be bothered.

I know, I'm a Luddite.

I'd love an ipod, though. Espcially if I could listen to it while my bitchy customers were yammering at me.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Bugwit said...

PS: Good luck with the agent search. With luck, I'll be doing the same in a few weeks.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home