Saturday, July 22, 2006

Once in a lifetime

I saw 'Once in a lifetime - the story of the New York Cosmos' yesterday, and am now a little melancholy. Having spent my youth at the Kingdome watching the Seattle Sounders, it was sad to relive the demise of the NASL. I guess one of the problems with having a good memory is that the emotions of the past are easily brought to the surface. The good thing is that I also remember how good it was to watch professional soccer. I had the good fortune to watch Pele play on several occasions, and I was in the stands to see his last game (Even though I was cheering against him). I guess I'll toast the NASL and turn a glass over tonight.

Thought for the day -

Never be afraid to remember the good parts of growing up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home