Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A parakeet goes to Vegas Baby! part three.

I am finally getting back to my Vegas Baby! story. Thanks to Drew's Crew for you patience.

Saturday night and time to go to the MGM Grand and see Jimmy Buffett. Sweety Pie and I donned our beach/carnival attire, bid Ross and Rachel a good evening, and joined the throng heading to the show.

The Parrotheads were decked out in grass skirts and coconut bras. The women also got dressed up. It was aloha print as far as the eye could see. I take a certain amount of pride in the fact that I don't change my "look" when I go to see Buffett.

Here's me and Sweety Pie at the show.

Now a Buffett show is like no other concert you have ever seen. The crowd is part of the show. Most of the Parrotheads have been drinking (Because we don't drink, Sweety Pie and I are in the minority here) all day and don't stop during the show. I like to say that when you attend a Jimmy Buffett show, you are part of the worlds largest drunk choir. It's kind of funny to think that all these people are doctors, lawyers, business professionals, ETC... who are just letting their hair down for the show. Everyone knows all the words and all the times when participation is required.

The show was a blast. Mr. Buffett hasn't lost a step since I first saw him almost 30 years ago. He puts on the most fun (non-Christian) show anywhere.

After the show, we played the slots till 2:30 and went to bed. We were worn out, but it was worth it. It was a day well spent.

Thought for the day -

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead." - Jimmy Buffett

6 Comments:

Blogger Trish Ryan said...

Mr. Buffett has many wise sayings. We used to play one of his CD's at the upscale boutique where I worked; the owner thought it was "fun." She was never there to see the look on the elderly ladies' faces when a certain Jimmy classic blared out over our speakers, asking, "Why don't we get drunk, and ...."

Memories. The stuff life is made of :)

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

....and a good time was had by all :-)

4:15 PM  
Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

Sounds like a blast. I haven't been to Vegas, but I do like the "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" theme .. who better to set the example but Jimmy ?

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Drew,
I'm almost afraid to say it but . . . . to my knowledge I've never heard a Jimmy Buffet song in my entire young life. Lest you lose all respect for me, let me reassure you that in the mid '80's I attended a Corey Hart concert. I'm sure he and Mr. Buffet have a lot in common and and I assume your respect for me has risen to its rightful place once again.

Keep me posted on the agent thing. Praying for you.

Jenn
www.jenn.doucette.blog-city.com

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kay, so I know you're writing a book and all but where the heck are you? What is this one post week thing?

Haven't seen you around...just sayin'

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya drew where are you??? We miss you !!! Did you forget about your crew whilst writing away for your agent hunt????

Come back drew come back ...

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home