Wednesday, November 01, 2006

What is up with these kids?

Today we take a small break from the Vegas Baby! saga to complain about last night.

Now I love Halloween and handing out candy and costumes and all that, but the kids in my hood need to get their act together.

This is Sweety Pie and my third Halloween in this house. The first year, I bought enough candy for 50 kids and we had six trick or treater's. Last year I bought less candy and we had around 200 kids. By the end of the night, I was handing out Tums.

So this year, I bought a butt load of candy. 30 kids. That's it.

WILL YOU PEOPLE MAKE UP YOUR MINDS?

Now I've got bags of candy bars and I don't even like chocolate. It looks like my youth group really scored this year.

Thought for the day -

Always get candy you like to eat to hand out on Halloween.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

roflmao amen to your thought for the day....that's my motto...always get the stuff you like.....I need it like a hole in the head........but what the he**!!!

I had a good howl over your saying you were handing out Tums by the end of the night!!! LOL

5:46 PM  
Blogger xxxx said...

Good rule. The girl I sit next to at work was complaining all day about her husband's selection of DUM-DUMS and SMARTIES. She had like two trick-or-treaters all night, and now she's trying to pawn off a massive bowl of Dum-Dums and Smarties on the rest of us.

6:06 PM  
Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I never buy the good chocolates for Halloween cuz I always will eat them.

We gave out candy but also threw in some Little Debbie starcrunches and oatmeal pies, and some cute little bags of pretzels. I let the kids choose which 2 or 3 pieces they wanted (I shoulda let them take a handful), but many of them DID CHOOSE pretzels, and I thought that was great! Like they were actually EXCITED to have pretzels.

The Tums is a good idea. Like boo said up there, they prob needed them late night!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

i'll take swishy's smarties.

3:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps you shold send all your chocolates to australia for those of us who dont get to celebrate Halloween....

Just a thought.... and no TUMS ....

RR

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always hand out the good stuff so that if there is any left over (and I always make sure there is ;-) I get to eat it.

I'll have your left over chocolate and swishy's smarties...they're the best!

5:51 AM  
Blogger kim said...

I once dated a guy who didn't like cookie dough -- that was a red flag right there.

But did I learn? No, I don't think I did -- because here you are saying you don't like chocolate and I'm still here.

I'm a glutton for sickos.

7:06 AM  
Blogger GageTaylor said...

good idea. I'm still more the trick-or-treater than I am the trick-or-give-treater but for the future, great advice Drew! I will just give out Reeses to every kid, and if I have leftovers score for me :)

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home