Sunday, November 26, 2006

Winter Wonderland.

I'm sitting here mourning another Steelers loss (They suck and are officially out of the playoff hunt) and I don't care. Why, you ask?

Because it's snowing out!!!!

I know those members of Drew's crew on the east coast are shaking their heads and thinking I'm insane right now. Just remember that here in the great pacific northwest snow is an event. It never hangs around more than a week and some years we don't get any at all. Normally if we want to see snow, we have to go up into the mountains (Real mountains, not those hills on the east coast).

So anyway, I'm just going to sit by the fire, watch the snow and think happy thoughts.

Peace out.

Thought for the day -

"The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful." Jimmy Buffett.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh the first snow...enjoy it!

It's still kind of mild here but when the snow starts to fly I'm sure I'll be posting about it too.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Many years ago....my older sister once wrote in a postcard to my parents....weather here, wish you were lovely....it became one of those family folk-lore tales that my Dad would mention years later.....he thought she was terribly clever for having thought of that.....thanks for the memory Drew.....:)

And don't remind us, here in southern ontario, of the imminent snow!!! Which apparently we are to start getting this Friday....hard to imagine given how mild it's been for the last few days!!

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send cooler weather my way!!! We are in desperate need of rain!! and its bloody hot mate!@!! 40 celsius and no refrigerated air con only evaporative which barely feels like it is working

11:44 PM  
Blogger xxxx said...

It's like 65 degrees here, and I hope it stays like that all winter!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

In Florida they had a cold front and it got down in the fifties a couple days. Then I come home to it in the 60's. Talk about messed up.

4:18 PM  
Blogger B. said...

In NY we haven't had a single flake yet. Last year at this time we'd already had a snow day!

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home