Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Snow in Seattle

OK, we've been all over the news. A little bit of snow and everyone in Seattle pees their pants. We must look like a bunch of goobers. I don't get it. I've been living here for 40 years, and I know how to drive in the snow. The first time it snowed when I was 16, my step-father took me out and taught me how to handle snow.

There are two major problems with people in Seattle and snow

1. 90% of them don't know how to drive in the snow. Worse than that, they don't know they don't know how to drive in the snow.
2. 90% of them drive 4 wheel drive cars and don't know that 4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop.

OK, I feel better now.

Today, Sweety Pie had the day off work. We went to the movies and saw "Stranger Than Fiction." It was cool. All authors and would be authors should see it. Will Farell gives what I think is an Oscar worthy performance. It was the feel good movie of the year.

Thought for the day -

If you don't know how to drive in the snow, don't drive in the snow!!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger xxxx said...

I thought Maggie Gyllenhaal was really good in that movie. The middle dragged for me, but it totally redeemed myself with the end.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

I am soo with you! We are snowed in too and everyone turns crazy once there is more than an ounce of snow!

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha sounds like when we lived in NC. Everytime there was even a threat of snow people descended on the grocery stores and cleaned them out ot bread and milk as if they lived in rural Maine and might be snowed in for weeks at a time.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay I'm so jealous you all have snow... us we have freaking heat of 40 degrees celsius plus ragin bush fires and humidity......

I'll trade ya...

12:54 PM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

Rose - Sorry, I will not trade. Heat and I do not get along. I love cold.

Also, I hate making gravel angels and having dirt ball fights.

I will pray for y'all to get some drought relief down under.

Stay cool.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

Drew you are so funny. Gravel angels and dirt ball fights??? LOL. I don't mind the heat, but humidity I hate. Don't mind the snow either, which is good, cuz it's headed our way.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello?...

Does Drew live here any more?

I've come over to bug you and let you know that you've been tagged. HA!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home