Monday, November 05, 2007

What was I thinking?

OK, I'm a little worn out and tired. I'm looking forward to a relaxing evening of watching my Steelers play on Monday night football. You see, last week my church suspended all activities so that the congregation could spend time with our families. A good thing.

So what do I do? I make a family room.

This is something that I have been planing to do since we bought the house four years ago. This is how we procrastinators (Official motto: Making the world a better place. Tomorrow.) operate. The other half of this plan is to make a craft room in the basement for Sweetie Pie.

The fun part is that the new family room is on the top story of the house and is where all craft activity has been taking place for the last few years. I have spent the week moving furniture and craft supplies up and down four flights of stairs.

Why did we move out of the rambler? The finished basement seemed like such a great idea.

And by doing all this has kept me from writing. My new book is very hard hitting, and I'm a little frightened by it. My insecurities are telling me that I can't do it good enough. It's a bad thing when I would rather do hard work than write.

Oh well, everything in it's own time.

Thought for the day -

It's the job that's never started that's hardest to finish.

8 Comments:

Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Yeh, whatever droopy boy! LOL!

1:21 PM  
Blogger B. said...

Perhaps you could write a craft book?

1:32 PM  
Blogger xxxx said...

Do NOT let the insecurities win! Keep writing :)

4:28 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

don't listen to the insecurity...kill it!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

Thanks to all for the kind words.

Manic - It's spelled Drewpy. And that's Mr. Drewpy boy to you. :)

9:29 PM  
Blogger kay said...

i want to read it so hurry up and write it!!

btw did you win last night? i went to bed and the steelers were kicking butt and takin' names in the rain!

this was my word verification

bpookly

i think i'm going to use that in a sentence

3:55 AM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

Kay - In case you didn't hear, I didn't win. The Steelers did! I'm sorry, but I get my undies in a bunch about people saying "We won!" when they didn't play. Your team won, you watched them win.

OK, I feel better now.

Thanks for asking. That was very bpookly of you. :)

10:54 AM  
Blogger kay said...

well durn. i thought you PLAYED for the steelers. we congrats to the steelers for winning the games. and congrats to drew for sitting on his bpookly and cheering them on!

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home