Thursday, October 18, 2007

Write on!

So anyway, I had this great idea for a new book. I wrote a killer (Does anyone say killer anymore?)first chapter and had the plot worked out and was ready to roll.

Then I got the part in the play.

You see, memorizing lines takes up a large part of my very small brain. I have to devote all cerebral function to learning my part.

So, off to the back burner goes the book.

This week I finally was able to take computer in hand and get back to work. Woo hoo! I wrote a whole page the other day.

I know that one page doesn't seem like all that much, but for a person that spent the first 38 years of his life hating writing and telling himself that he was no good at it, it's a pretty big deal. It feels really great to be back at it.

Thought for the day -

You can't climb the mountain if you never get off of the couch.

5 Comments:

Blogger xxxx said...

Wise words! And a big yay for you!

9:00 PM  
Blogger kay said...

i finally got it!

right on!

can't wait to read it......

10:51 AM  
Blogger B. said...

I still use the word "killer." For instance, "Wow, that workout was a killer!"

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew,

Awesome job on the play. It didn't matter that the house wasn't filled, made it seem more like a real courtroom.

JB thought you were great too.
I love the suits, and the tie. You clean up pretty well. The sunbleached hair works for you too.

It's like you've got the whole 80's look down better than we
ever did when we lived in the 80's.

I was very surprized that your mom was in it. Nice to see her and DK again.

DB

11:45 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

killer!

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home