Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Three down, six to go.

Thanks to all of Drew's Crew for the well wishes. It means a lot to me.

Well, I got through opening weekend. It was close. I slept for 12 hours Sunday night. My body has a bank on energy. Hell week and three shows mean a lot of withdraws and no deposits. Such is life on the stage.

Opening night rocked! Normally, the first show is where all of the mistakes happen. It's where the kinks get worked out and everyone is a little nervous. Not so with this show. We started smooth and rolled right through. It was awesome.

On night 2, we had a full house (over 50 people), which is rare for this company. The energy was high and we were shining.

The Sunday matinee was another story. We had more cast members than people in the audience and we were tired. We were flat, lines were dropped, and it was a relief to get it over with. I hate it when I don't bring my A game. If someone if paying to see me, they should get my best stuff. That didn't happen on Sunday.

Oh well, Friday is another show. I should be well rested and ready to go.

Peace out.

Thought for the day -

Awake is the new asleep.

3 Comments:

Blogger kay said...

do you have a video of the play? i would love to see it! or at least part of it.

youtube youtube youtube

sleep is overrated until you don't get any

3:11 PM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

Kay - Thanks. I think that copyright laws prevent that. I am really careful about that kind of thing since I work with the youth and my brother is in a band. I won't promise anything, but I'll see what I can do.

3:23 PM  
Blogger kay said...

ok well just send it to me and i won't tell anyone!! :)

btw i saw that one of your favorite books is lucifer's hammer. i'm going to check it out at the library. i'm always on the look out for something to read. i'll let you know what i think.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home