Friday, January 19, 2007

Ear soreness

Last night, my internet connection went down. I was lost. No email. No way to check in on Drew's crew. I was bummed. :(

So, today I checked all of the stuff on my end (connections, reboot, etc..) and then called customer service. I was dreading this. My service provider is know for having the worst customer service department on the planet.

I called and made it through the menus to the hold music. To my amazement, I was talking to someone in less than two minutes. This NEVER happens.

A little aside here. I live 30 minutes from Bill Gates' house. To fix my problem I was talking to a guy in India. How wild is that?

So anyway, I spend an hour and a half on the phone (I even had to take a bathroom break) unplugging stuff, typing, talking about Fraser (I live near Seattle, after all), waiting, and plugging stuff back in. The guy in India was super cool. Nice and patient with my ineptness. After trying lots and lots of things, it turns out that the problem was a simple thing that both of us had overlooked.

I don't consider it wasted time. I learned some stuff and I am back on line. It's all good.

It's great to be able to see y'all again.

Peace out. :)

Thought for the day -

When something goes wrong, just chill. Take the time to fix the problem and don't get upset. It's easier to get things done when you're calm.

5 Comments:

Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

So nice to see you around again, and thanks for the upbeat comment over at my depressing blog!

I love talking to the guys from India and Thailand and all those crazy places where they have call centers. I'm always asking them things. It's a good way to learn!

5:12 PM  
Blogger B. said...

Great advice! It's so much easier said than done though. Glad you're back.

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why I love cordless phones...I can take it into the bathroom when I am talking to tech support in India other wise I would have to wear Depends.

Just sayin'

Those calls can last all afternoon. But yes one does learn a lot....

4:51 PM  
Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

Hmmm, never thought about learning from it. I usually save those calls for my husband.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

well glad you got things fixed up again and are back in blog-land!! I too always find it mind-boggling where these tech support people are located....I always make it a point to ask!

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home