Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The best guys in the world.

My mother sent me this picture a few days ago.

This is me and my best friends on our graduation day June 1985. (I'm the one in the middle with the short blond hair.) The other three had been friends since 1st grade and I joined the group in 9th. We did everything together. We didn't fit in any clique, so we just made our own. We knew that we would be friends forever.

The cool thing is that we were right. Over the years, we have lived together, been in each other's weddings, and for the most part shared our lives.

When I got this picture, I started thinking. I have been so lucky to be friends with the best guys in the world. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for them and I know that they would say the same about the rest of us. It is a rare and wonderful thing to have friends for so long. I am truly blessed.

BTW - I am the only on who still looks the same :)

Thought for the day -

Time spent with those you love is the best time there is.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all sure looked goofy back then. You're right. You still look the same.

Glad I finally ditched the mustache.

8:51 PM  
Blogger xxxx said...

That is really rare! That's awesome.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

db - Are you saying that I still look goofy?

11:12 PM  
Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

Very cool. I still have the same best friend since I was 16. Gotta love that. And I graduated in 1986!

6:44 AM  
Blogger B. said...

How cute! That's awesome that you are still friends. I graduated from high school 8 years ago and am no longer friends with my high school crew. I met my best friend in college--Rusty over at Off the Pace.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

awwwwww what a great picture and wonderful memory....thanks for sharing Drew!!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

You are sooo lucky to have such a core group of friends. Sadly, I have to agree w/Swishy, it is rare.
I have a great aunt that has had the same gropup of friends since grade school, they still get together each summer - 7 or 8 of them - they are in their late 60's .. so cool!

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home