Friday, December 08, 2006

Going out, by request...

Happy Friday to Drew's crew.
Before I get started, I would like to take care of a few little things.

My Steelers won last night, keeping their very very slim playoff hopes alive.

Bonus point to Kari for noticing the missing F on my last post. I got the list from Trish and didn't see it was gone till you pointed it out. I will answer any F things that Drew's crew can come up with this weekend. I know y'all are funny, so no lame ones.

And now by popular (OK, I know that Rose is the only one who requested it, but she is very popular) demand, Drew's proposal story.

I had been dating Sweety (I know that it should be spelled Sweetie, but she is special and deserves to have it spelled a special way) Pie for almost three years. I had wanted to tie the knot earlier, but she knew we were not ready and asked me to wait. No problem there, because she is so worth it. We both kinda knew that it would happen on our three year anniversary.

A few months before the big day, I had a dream. In it, I popped the question in a very cool way. It was so real. The next day, I went out and made plans to replicate the dream in real life.

On the big day, I took her out to dinner at the Space Needle. For those of you who don't know, The Space Needle has a revolving restaurant with spectacular views of Seattle and Puget sound. After we had been seated, the waitress brought out two champagne flutes filled with (We don't drink booze) Shirley Temples.

Her glass had "Sweety Pie, will you marry me" etched on it.

The rest, as they say is history. We have been happily married for 13 1/2 years.

Thought for the day -

Some times your subconscious is smarter than you are.

7 Comments:

Blogger Frannie Farmer said...

That is soo sweet Drew. I am sure it was very romantic!!

4:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

awwwwwwwwwww that is very sweet Drew....what a neat idea to have it etched right on the glass!!!!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

I knew I liked you;))))

Very sweet indeed. And I checked around. NO one that I see has filled in an F on their own abc list. Guess I'll make up my own.

5:26 AM  
Blogger B. said...

That's original. Good job, Drew. And Shirley Temples! Very cute.

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh what a great way to propose!!! She's one lucky gal!!!


My hubs and I have been married almost the same amount of time... close very close..

3:58 PM  
Blogger xxxx said...

Very cute!

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok so mine doesn't have an F either...and I never noticed it. And you people are all saying I'M OCD? The alphabet looked pretty complete to me so I just went with what was there.

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home