Monday, January 08, 2007

What's up with this crazy weather?

Saturday, I was sitting in the dark thinking. (No power and I couldn't go anywhere because of the trees blocking the road) One of the reasons that I love living in the greater Seattle area is that the climate is mild. Not too hot, not too cold. No tornados or hurricanes, so the weather is not likely to hurt you. This year has been crazy. We have had floods, snow, and wind in great excess. We are used to getting one major event every few years but all three? And it's only early January. We're just sitting around waiting for the plague of locusts over the land.

Now I know all of you from the east coast are laughing at us for being such wusses. The problem is that because it doesn't happen very often, our infrastructure is not equipped to deal with it. It is not cost effective to have a bunch of snow removal equipment when some years we don't get any lowland snow at all. I just wanted to say that it's been a wacky year.

Thought for the day -

We only think that we have control over our environment.

9 Comments:

Blogger B. said...

Hey Drew, here on the east coast my parents went golfing on Saturday!! In January. Sheesh. I'm enjoying the mild weather here.

3:37 PM  
Blogger xxxx said...

Totally crazy weather everywhere this year! It has been pretty mild where I am THANK GOODNESS. We had one snowstorm and I almost killed someone. I can't imagine if there were two.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

Swishy - You almost killed someone beause it snowed? Hey, it wasn't their fault.

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep hearing about the storms you guys are getting on the west coast...crazy! And over here it's all mild like it's April or something.

Yeah, humans and their notions of controling the environment, HA.

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew, I agree, I'm really getting sick of our weather lately. At least there wasn't a Seahawks game again for this one. It already snowed here some. I thought it wasn't supposed to snow before midnight.

Well, I guess we'll see how accurate the wx-man was tomorrow morning. Maybe they weren't really crying wolf this time.

Stay warm, and may the power stay on this time.

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay I can acess your blogs finally!! Its super hot here the weather is insane lately

1:37 AM  
Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

We had such warm weather I was pushing my daughter on the swing just the other day, and now we have a snowday. Crazy

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew, we got more snow again today. I'm hoping for it to melt soon.

11:53 PM  
Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

The weather is STILL crazy. Just ask Swishy!!

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home