Thursday, September 20, 2007

This just in...

The Committee on Ranking Unimportant Things (that would be me) has added a movie to the top five funny movies of all time.

For those of you not familiar with the list, here it is.

1. Airplane
2. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
3. The Three Amigos
4. Happy Gilmore
5. (Tie)The Princess Bride and Better Off Dead

After much deliberation, the committee has decided to add The Emperor's New Groove, making a three way tie in the fifth place spot.

Thank you.

Thought for the day -

Always be willing to listen to new ideas.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still wondering how "Caddyshack" never makes it on to your Funniest-Movies-of-All-Time list.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

Trish - Right off the top of my head I can think of several that are more funny. (The Life of Brian, What's Up Doc, Oh Brother Where Art Thou) That being said, I think that Caddyshack would be in the top 20.

Oh BTW there are over 100 in my top 20.

4:28 PM  
Blogger B. said...

My top 20 (or top 100) would include There's Something About Mary, Dumb and Dumber, and National Lampoon's Vacation. I know they sound like movies from a 20 year old males list, but nonetheless, 3 of my favorite funny flicks (how do you like the alliteration?).

4:36 PM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

Alliteration almost always astounds and amazes this author.

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...yeah I figured there would be about 100 in your top 20. I'd like to see Ghostbusters in there too.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ghostbusters! I still have fond memories of seeing that at the movies with my dad.

Princess Bride is definitely one of my all-time favorites. I also like the Emperor's New Groove.

12:52 PM  
Blogger xxxx said...

For the horrible two weeks in college that we were without cable, my roommates and I watched Happy Gilmore every night while we ate dinner. And we didn't even get sick of it.

9:51 PM  
Blogger kay said...

oh my gosh!! take out the princess bride and that could be my list. (i know the princess bride is funny but it makes me nuts!)

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home