Friday, February 22, 2008

Rex

Last night, a friend of mine passed away. He collapsed while working out. Today, there is a hole in my life.

You know him. He is that guy that holds the door for you at church every Sunday. He always has time to chat and give you a warm hug. You never hear him say an unkind word. He is there to lend a hand if you need anything. He laughs easily and often.

He's the one on the right end. He is always ready to have a good time.

I feel a little guilty because I often took his friendship for granted. And I know that he would tell me not to worry about it.

Both of his kids were in my youth group and his daughter now works with the youth. He is proud of them.

He loves his wife dearly. The two of them are a wonderful example of two becoming one flesh. I can't imagine one without the other.

I don't understand this and I'm a little mad at God. It's not fair.

I'm going to miss Rex.

Thought for the day -

Treasure your friends. They are a gift from God.

8 Comments:

Blogger kay said...

oh drew i'm so sorry for your loss. i will be praying for peace and comfort for you and for his family.

you are right friends are treasures.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

i am so sorry for this loss.

when i lost mark, quite unexpectantly, i was numb. those who love us are more important than we fathom as they live, but take just one of them from us and we get a glimpse into how much god loves us.

blessings and prayers, drew. blessings and prayers...

3:22 PM  
Blogger B. said...

Sorry to hear that news, Drew. Hopefully you can be a comfort to his family during this time.

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How very sad...I am so sorry

Wishing you strength

5:53 AM  
Blogger Jenster said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a terrible shock.

I've seen you around and decided to come take a gander. I'm very glad I did. My husband and I work with the youth group at our church so I'm looking forward to reading about what you guys do.

1:39 PM  
Blogger blog author said...

im so sorry...

7:56 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

wow drew i am so sorry. my prayers today are for you.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

i have been thinking of you...blessings.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home