Friday, August 04, 2006

Cool things

I was a little down today as I continued to not hear back from the literary world at large. So I said to my self "Self, don't let those clowns have that kind of power over you. Think about the good stuff of life."

Here is the list of 10 things that Drew thinks are cool.

1. Gas fire places. Fire on a switch.
2. The youth group at my church. You guys rock.
3. The fact that my wife likes Monty Python and Jimmy Buffett. She is totally cool.
4. The I Pod Shuffle. Eight hours of music.
5. Thin ties. There was at least one good fashion to come out of the 80's.
6. Guitars. Just holding one makes you cooler.
These are mine

7. The Pittsburgh Steelers. After all these years, it's great to be back where we belong.
8. Figuring out what happened on CSI before they tell you. I'm pretty good at it.
9. Going skiing mid-week. No lift lines.
10. Getting bumped up to first class. Oh, how I love the leg room.
11. Writing something, looking at it, and saying "Wow, this is really good."
12. People leaving comments on my Blog. Hey, someone is reading this.
13. Dr. Pepper. Great taste and caffeine.

Thought for the day -

The best things in life aren't things.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you that I think it's terrific that you put your wife on your "cool things" list. That's incredibly sweet, and I'm sure she's touched that you think she's cool. And heck, if she likes Monty Python - she's way cool in my book, too!

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home