Thursday, August 10, 2006

I'm not entirely comfortable with this

OK, so I got the lead in this play. Cool, right? There is one problem. I have to do a few kissing scenes. I'm not a prude, but I haven't kissed anyone besides my wife for about twenty years. And I don't want to kiss anyone other than her.

So anyway, I was at rehearsal last night and the time had come. I had to do it. Now the girl I have to kiss is totally cool and very nice, but I was still very worried about it.

I figured the only way to do it was to jump in with both feet. You know, damn the torpedoes and all that.

Well, I did it and it was no problem. It was one of the most unromantic things I have ever done. It was more like a collision between two faces than a kiss. What a relief.

Now, if I can only learn my lines.

Thought for the day -

Rule number two for food. There is no such thing as too much garlic.

4 Comments:

Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

You're kissing already! Didn't practice JUST START?!

I'm plugging you over at MM. You whiny boy! LOL.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

The squeeky wheel gets the grease. Thanks a whole heap.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Steve H said...

congrats on getting the lead in the play - let me know if you need somone to stand in for your kissing scenes, i'd be happy to assume this 'chore' for you!

6:55 AM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

hotwire - It looks like someone else gets to do that 'chore' for both of us.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home