Thursday, May 03, 2007

Only in America.

Yesterday, I saw something that made me shake my head in disgust. I was at Best Buy looking for a small freezer for my garage. I did a double take when I saw a refrigerator with a TV in the door.

What's up with that?

No wonder we are over weight in this country. People can't be without television even for the time it takes to get a snack. Or they need to be watching while they cook.

Pretty soon, we will be a society that doesn't talk and has never seen the sun.

I don't watch TV, and feel left out because 85% of conversation revolves around television shows.

People, it's time to turn off the idiot box and experience real life. Go outside. Take a walk. Talk to your friends. Don't let your obituary say that all you did was watch TV.

OK, I feel better now.

Thought for the day -

It's OK for the TV to be turned off once in a while.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

"Really weird gum." I can not stop laughing. Oh good lord that was good. Thanks!

Kim

2:41 PM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

Kim - You can also blow awesome bubbles with it.

(Drew's Crew - Check out my comment over at Manic Mom if you want to know what this is all about)

6:31 PM  
Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Oh OK, so I was right in thinking Drew was talking about condoms!!! hahahahah.

And Drew, I don't watch TV either, really ever, unless you count Curious George at 8 a.m. while Tukey is drinking his chocolate milk in my bed watching it, while my eyes are closed!

Oh, and American Idol. Go Blake!

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, at least I don't have cable. That's something.

Drew, you could hook up one of your video game machines to it, put a lounge chair in there, and have a nice little retreat.

db

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew - I'm known as Bazooka Joan in my house, and it ain't for my chest.....

3:59 AM  
Blogger B. said...

I watch TV, but the more I see the less I think I will allow my unborn children to watch. Except for The Food Network and Home and Garden.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

Too funny.

I love Blake too, Manic. But I'm obsessed with TV. Sigh. Not enough hours in the day.

5:16 AM  
Blogger xxxx said...

No way, dude. I would DIE without my TV. I wouldn't do the TV-in-the-fridge thing, but I WOULD do the TV-in-the-bathtub thing. Maybe someday!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home