Friday, December 07, 2007

Putting the blah in blogging.

OK, I'm back from my small blogcation. I've had a lot on my plate and haven't been in a very bloggy mood. I feel a little guilty for not keeping up with all that is going on with all y'all, but I'll be catching up soon.

Last weekend, we got our first snow of the year. I love snow and it doesn't slow me down because my wife drives a 4X4 (A Ford Exploder). On Sunday morning I smugly go start up the big rig, and it won't stay running. That's right, my snow car breaks down when it snows.

As many of Drew's Crew know, I bought this.
She's pretty cool, isn't she? The problem is that no matter how good of a winter driver you are, and I am very good, a car with rear wheel drive and a lot of power is not fun in the snow. We made it to church, but I don't want to have to do that every Sunday, if you get my drift.

So anyway, you may or may not have heard on the news that this week, we here in Washington (The Intermittent Wiper State) have had lots more rain than normal. Several towns in the south part of the state are completely cut off because of flooding and mud slides. Over three thousand people have been forced from their homes and many of them will have no house to go home to after the water recedes.
It happened so fast that a lot of them couldn't get out of their houses and had to be rescued. The Coast Guard did an awesome job. Those guys totally rock!
It really puts my car issues into perspective. I was whining because half of my cars were not working. Must be time to count my blessings.
And I feel guilty because so many people (like Kay) in the southeast are going through a horrible drought. I wish that I could mail some of our water down there.
The one thing I can do is pray. One thing you can never do to much is get on your knees talk to the Lord.
Peace out to all of Drew's Crew.
Thought for the day -
It's hard to spend a day on your feet if you don't start on your knees.
Bonus thought for the day -
Speaking of prayer, my Steelers are playing the Patriots on Sunday. It looks like only God will be able to beat those guys. Go Steelers!

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ahhhh yes Drew....thanks for the gratitude and count your blessings reminder....soooooooo very important to remember!!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

nice ride, and yes, beating the pats will be a tall order...

5:16 PM  
Blogger B. said...

I made it home this evening on terrible roads in the old Corolla!

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snow + Rear wheel drive + too much power = fun
(as long as you don't need to go up any hills.)
Perfect time to practice your drifting, if you get my drift.

DB

6:38 PM  
Blogger kay said...

thanks for the reminder about starting your day on your knees. i think it works best that way!!

i will be screaming and yelling for the steelers this weekend!! we hate the pats at my house.

5:18 AM  
Blogger kay said...

oh and thanks for the wish to send us some rain. it's getting really really bad here. it's like there is a bubble or something over us and the rain just can't get thru. very strange

5:19 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

i get your drift...hehe.

and nice ride...

8:42 AM  
Blogger xxxx said...

Ohhh, those Steelers. I expected more of a fight :)

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home