Monday, March 03, 2008

Drew's stew.

I've got several things to talk about today, so it's time for another edition of Drew's stew.

First off, thanks a whole heap to all of Drew's Crew for all of the prayers and well wishes. They meant a lot to me and to Rex's family. His memorial was Saturday and was truly amazing. So many people came that our church sanctuary could not hold them. We filled the foyer with chairs and still it was standing room only. It was a moving testimony to how many lives Rex had touched in just 51 years. The service could have gone on for hours because of all the people wanting to share their memories.

During the service, I was standing (I won't sit if a lady is standing) in the back of the foyer and I looked out side. It started to rain, but only on half of the parking lot. There was a line down the middle, rain on one side and sunshine on the other. Sorrow and joy from God. It was very cool.

It is always great to be at a memorial when you know that the person was right with God. Rex loved the Lord and is with him in paradise. And he left the world a better place than it was when he started. I will miss him until we meet again on the other side.

In other news, on Tuesday I received more proof that my family is just a front for a stand up comedy routine. My brother called me and asked me to be the officiant for his up coming wedding. At first I thought that it was because I am the guy in the family who has God's phone number. Turns out, not so much. What happened was that the first guy he asked said no and since I'm an actor, he thought that I could do a good job. I was honored and thought that it would be cool. I've done a eulogy and this would be a nice bookend to that.

I told him that I would get the licence and do it, but I would have to mention God. Marriage is and institution that God made and I can not overlook that. My brother is not a big fan of God, so now he's thinking over the offer. I'll keep y'all posted.

Next, I'm a little sore because I started training today. Training for what? Well, I'll be posting about that soon.

As you know, I do not like working out. Any exercise I do is purely by mistake. But, I need to be ready for what I am planning to do. So, I'm walking five and a half miles a day. I'm counting on y'all to hold me accountable.

Check out these videos. Chris (The dude giving taser instructions in the second one) has been one of my best friends since jr. high school. It's in several parts, so watch them in order. Trust me, it's really cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VL5GFWTxTb8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-qLqbzq5Hc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPHhykdflSI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LJ_7brftBc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUUZJhFkGr8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIFe0jMlIlw&feature=related

Lastly, I went to Toys R Us and bought all (15) of their Nerf Maverick dart guns. Tuesday night is a fun night for the youth group and I am in charge of the boys. We are having a Nerf war. I have not told them what we are doing and they are not very good at getting information out of me. I'm always telling them to read my blog, but they never do. Ha ha ha on them.

Thanks again for all of your support. Peace out.

Thought for the day -

The Steelers paid too much for Big Ben, but I'm glad they signed him.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenster said...

That type of memorial is a celebration! Very cool about the rain/sun. God is amazing that way.

5.5 miles a day? That's really good.

$102 million for 8 years? I'm glad he'll still be with the Steelers, too. But boy what a chunk of change!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

weeping may endure the night but joy comes in the morning.

3:54 AM  
Blogger B. said...

Could Drew be participating in some sort of walk for charity?? Keep up the good work!

I play the same role that you do in my family. I get questions like, "You read the Bible, so what does blah blah blah mean?" I hope you get to do the wedding!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

Jenster - I know you're in Pennsylvania, so I have to ask. Steelers or Eagles?

Hotwire - Amen.

b. - Good guess, but it's nothing altruistic. Not even for my own Crohn's Disease.

10:57 AM  
Blogger ORION said...

I am so sorry about your friend-
It was fun to get a comment from another boater!
My book blog & boat have connected me to people all over the world. Very cool.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home