Tuesday, October 10, 2006

New guitar

Yesterday I took my birthday money and bought a new guitar. It's an Epiphone Les Paul 100. I know this means nothing to most of you, but guitar aficionados will know.

I went to the guitar store and found the one I wanted. The price tag said $249.00, but guitar stores are like car lots. You get to haggle. Using my best negotiating skills, I talked them down to $249.00. Oh yeah, I'm the man.

When she got home, my wife asked "Why do you need this one?"
"Because it produces the rich old rock and roll sound." I replied.
She gave me that look that I often get right before they change my dosage, rolled her eyes, and walked away.

Thought for the day -

Love one woman...Many guitars.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's some cracker-jack haggling you did there Drew!

Way-to-go.

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And that look your wife gave you? That's the look we give our hub's just before OUR dosage increases. HA

4:31 PM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

Trish - You have to get up pretty late in the morning to get one past me.

4:43 PM  
Blogger GageTaylor said...

Hey -- I SO WANT THAT GUITAR!! I was thinking of saving for a 69' Gibson Les Paul.. but 2-3K is a bit much for me to save up for at the moment so I'm shootin for a Epiphone LP. hehe 249 bucks huh? not bad. Nice Bargaining Drew HAHA. Have fun with it :)
His Blessings
-Gage

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home