Friday, October 06, 2006

A parakeet looks at 40

Well here it is. My 40th birthday. Seems like a good time to reflect on my life.

My life so far -

3 years old - Watch Neil Armstrong walk on the moon.
6 years old - Pick The Pittsburgh Steelers as my favorite team.
7 years old - Get my first bike.
7 years old - Get my first bike stolen.
8 years old - Score a goal in my first soccer game.
12 years old - Go on my first extended sailing trip.
12 years old - Start Jr High in the public school system. Begin worst two years of my life.
13 years old - Go on my first extended backpacking trip.
15 years old - Contract Crohn's disease.
16 years old - Meet the Lord.
16 years old - Get in bike wreck. Break my skull in two places.
16 - 18 years old - Have a great time in high school.
22 years old - Get crush on and ask out wonderful girl.
26 years old - Marry wonderful girl.
29 years old - Buy first house.
31 years old - Start working with the youth at my church.
38 years old - Appear in first community theater play.
38 years old - Go on TV game show.

It's been a long road, but it's all good.

Thought for the day -

"Some of it's magic. Some of it's tragic. But I've had a good life all the way." Jimmy Buffett.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ages 18-22 are mysteriously absent. Hmmm...

Happy Birthday my friend!!

2:15 PM  
Blogger BlondeBrony said...

Happy Birthday. Those are some amazing memories. You've had an interesting journey. You much have wonderful strength.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

Jon - I must be suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome. I guess living with you can do that to a person.

brony - Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

happy birthday!

3:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cool recap of your life thus far and a happy happy belated birthday Drew!!!

I gotta ask....tell us more about the game show you were on???

6:11 PM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

Boo7 - Look at my old blogs (Aug 15 thru 21) and read the whole story.

11:07 PM  
Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Hey, happy birthday! I want to know what you said to God when you met Him?

Cool blog post. I may try it. Awesome and thought-provoking.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

Manic - I said "Thank you very much".

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home