Friday, September 15, 2006

When disaster strikes

OK, so I get up this morning and go to the kitchen to get breakfast. On the floor are the remnants of Rosie (The Destructo Dog) Cotton's collar. Somehow, she had managed to remove it from her neck and kill it.

No problem. I make my way to the pet store. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and I'm grooving to my tunes. All is good.

Then it happened.

I'm in the store looking at doggie fashions when the music stops.

THE BATTERIES IN MY IPOD HAD GONE DEAD!!!!

There I was, cast adrift in the retail sea with no music.

"It's OK. There's no need to panic." I told my self as the beads of sweat started to form on my brow.

I grabbed a collar and hurried to the check out line.

Heart rate increasing. Shortness of breath. Vision blurring. Why do I always get in line behind someone who has never used their debit card before?

Two years later, I made it to the safety of the decompression chamber that is my car. I turned up the stereo and lost myself in soothing aural sensations.

The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and all was good.

Thought for the day -

Be careful not to let your wants become your needs.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate when batteries run dead...


As for the thought for the day: True dat.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

that story if horrifying!

3:54 AM  
Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

Hmmmm, I'd better go check the batteries in my I-Pod before I head out. Thanks for the reminder. Could be scary.

4:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just charged my NEW Ipod.... so whats playing on yours??

Life without music is boring ....

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home