Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Why do they think this is a good idea?

Last night, my wife and I were watching some DVD's and the phone rings. I pause the show and pick up the phone only to hear the recorded voice of some politician telling me why I should vote for him.

Is this the best thing they could come up with?

Did the meeting go like this?

"We need to get more people to vote for me."

"I know. Why don't we call them at home and interrupt their evenings with an annoying recorded message. They'll love you for it."

"Great idea. Let's get on that right away. After that, why don't we sign them up for record clubs?"

I know it's all about name recognition, but why don't they get a friggin clue.

I'll recognize his name alright.

"Hey, I recognize that name." I'll say. "That's the clown that called me with the recorded message. I think I'll vote for Tony The Tiger instead."

I did take some immediate action. I went to his web page and found out how to contact him. I called him and left a voice mail instructing him on why his strategy was a bad idea. I also sent him an email with the same information.

OK, I feel better now.

Thought for the day -

Lost causes are the only ones worth fighting for.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great way to get back at a loser that would think this is a good strategy. Most people hate recorded messages and for a politician to do this will surely be the kiss of death.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

we had a guy running for town council who went door to door to every house in town - that dude got my vote.

3:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Incredible....first incredibly annoying telephone solicitation and now even more annoying telephone campaigning!!!

I am with Hotwire....would be more likely to vote for someone who went door to door that the phone thing....sheeeeeeesh!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

I hate those calls. As if I'm not busy enough. And I agree, door to door would be better than that.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home