Friday, October 13, 2006

Snicket tickets

Today I had the pleasure of traveling to the university bookstore to purchase tickets to see Lemony Snicket in person. It cost five bucks to see him. If you wanted to get him to sign something, you have to buy his newest book and pay the five bucks.

What a racket.

I remember the day when you just had to wait in line to get autographs. When I was 12, I waited in line for to hours to get Paul Stanley's (of Kiss) name on a piece of paper. But it didn't cost me a dime.

I'm sorry, but signing autographs is just part of fame and fortune.

When (not if) I'm famous, I will not charge for this kind of thing.

Thought for the day -

There ought to be a law against putting up Christmas displays in stores before Halloween.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your law, however christmas things have been put up since sept here!! and people are already putting up thier lights on their houses!!! LIKE OMG!!

RR

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmas stuff already? Don't get me started...

There is a long post forming in my head that I will get to sometime in December about how much I hate what Christmas has become.

6:16 AM  
Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I hate that too. Usually when I go see an author I like, I've already purchased the book. That just is stupid and it sucks!

6:35 PM  
Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

Why do people have to rush the holidays??? I can't keep up as it is. Ugh.

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey drew where are you we are waiting for a new post....


rr

3:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah...what ramblin said!

5:42 AM  
Blogger Trish Ryan said...

I saw a pickup filled with giant Christmas wreaths the other day, all pre-decorated with sparkly balls and glitter. Just SO WRONG when we're still desperately clinging to the hope that the pretty Fall colors will last until March...

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home