Wednesday, October 11, 2006

You better shop around

Yesterday the new Jimmy Buffett CD came out, so I went shopping.

The new Buffett is pretty good. Not as good as his last one, but worth listening to.

While I was out, I also decided to get some much needed new jeans. This is something that I always put off because I'm a little hard to fit. It appears that there are very few people that share my measurements. Levi Strauss & Co. produce a small amount of pants in my size. I had to go to three stores to buy five pairs of jeans.

Oh well, at least it was a nice day for a drive.

Thought for the day -

Why do they call it a pair of pants? If I buy a pair of shirts, I get two. I should have twice as many pants in my drawer right now.

7 Comments:

Blogger Steve H said...

buffett's still putting them out huh? i kind of gave up after 'fuitcakes'

3:31 AM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

hotwire - He has come out with some really good stuff since then.

Barometer Soup, Banana Wind, Christmas Island, and Far Side of the World are all very good. Beach House on the Moon is not so good. Licence to Chill is awesome. I recommend giving a listen to some of them. If you do, let me know what you think.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

My husband loves Jimmy Buffett. And I can relate to hard to fit clothes. It stinks when that happens. That's probably why I rarely go shopping for myself.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

compared to the old stuff it seems, and this is only my opinion, that the newer stuff is a bit contrived. the old stuff is poignant, funny, and pure.

i put a link to your site from mine - if that's OK.

3:28 AM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

hotwire - Thanks a whole heap for the link. It means a lot to me to know that somebody likes my blog enough to recommend it to others.

Now, about Mr. Buffett. You are right, he is totally formulaic musically. It's in the words where he is cool. He paints great lyrical pictures. He can be clever, funny, poignant, and very evocative. I love good lyrics, and his are some of the best. (I place him up there with Jim Croce.)

I enjoy your input. It's great to hear from someone who knows music better than I do.

Peace out.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

not sure i like it better, i am just overly opinionated...!!!

3:55 AM  
Blogger Trish Ryan said...

You bought 5 pairs of jeans in one trip? That's like batting .999 in the major leagues - I don't think I've ever found 5 pairs of jeans that fit me, never mind at the same time. Well done :)

And here's to Jimmy Buffett, still putting out the tunes after all these years.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home