Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Drew wants to be a millionaire

By popular demand, here is the story of my Who Wants to be a Millionaire adventure. OK, only one person sort of asked for it, but it gives me a few days of stuff to blog about.

It all started several years ago when WWTBAM first came out. There was a tremendous amount of hype about it. Well, since my wife and I don't watch TV, (We don't even have cable) I figured that it was a passing fad and didn't pay it much heed.

Pretty soon everybody at work (This was back when I had a real job) was telling me that I HAD to get on that show.

You see, I'm that guy at work who knows all the trivia. When people want useless information, they come to me. It has nothing to do with being smart, I just remember things.

I became curious and had a friend tape an episode for me. One show and I was hooked. I knew I could do this. Back then, you could call in to try out. You had to answer five questions and hope they drew your name the next day. I guess I wasn't random enough. :(

I was determined (My wife used the word obsessed) to get on that show, so I kept trying.

More tomorrow.

Thought for the day -

Never give up, never surrender. - Peter Quincy Taggert "Galaxy Quest"

1 Comments:

Blogger B. said...

I want more! The suspense is killing me. :) Ok, not really, but I want to hear the rest of the story.

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home