Monday, August 14, 2006

Happy blogday to me

Well, here it is. My 50th blog entry. Yay me! Thanks to all of my loyal readers ( all seven of you) for making this such a success.

Now down to business.

Thank you sooooo much for the kind words on yesterday's blog. You can't know how much it means to me.

And yes, the director can take the part from me. He has to have the best interests of the company in mind, and I wasn't giving him what he wanted. He's a good guy. he just had to make a hard decision. I'm disappointed, but not mad.

What really cooks my grits is that the shoe was on the other foot during my last play.

I was out of town and missed the auditions. I hooked up with the play by being the assistant stage manager and stand in for whoever was out of town. It was painfully obvious that I was the best choice for one of the parts, ( I had the lines down before the guy with the part did) but the director went with her first choice. He is a great actor and did a fine job, but I would have been better. I didn't complain (much) and was content (mostly) to wait for my break. That's why it really sucks to lose this part.

OK, I feel better now.

I know something else will come along. I always seem to land on the right side of serendipity.

Thought for the day -

An intelligent person is never defeated, only delayed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home