Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Back to the drawing board

After yesterday's post, I have figured something out. I write better in third person.

I have been pounding my head against the wall trying to get through the first chapter of my second book. I've been doing it in first person and it just isn't working. The voice is wrong and it sounds fake.

I've decided to trash the whole thing and take another stab at it in third person. I think the story idea is good, so I hope I can work it out.

Wish me luck.

Thought for the day -

If you can't get the door open, try going in through the window.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Best of luck to you Drew....will be sending good writing juju your way.....watch for it!!!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

Good luck, Drew. My first book is a romantic comedy in third person. I never thought I could write first person, but my second book is a chick lit in first person and I love it. But it's not for everyone and not for every book. I really like doing both.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

third person rules - just ask any pro athlete, it's all they use in an interview...

4:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like some good out of the box thinking...your quote too. Funny how we get so used to doing something a certain way even if it just isn't working.

6:17 AM  
Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

You don't need luck. You have talent! Isn't that great that your blog is helping you with your writing decisions!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

Thanks for all the love.

Hotwire - Drew thinks that is very funny.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home