Saturday, August 26, 2006

Great timing

Last night I got this message in my fortune cookie

"You will have a new look that will do wonders."

Great, now what am I going to do with all those aloha shirts?

So anyway, I've been writing songs for about a year now. They're mostly Christian, which makes sense because I'm a Christian.

I write lyrics and my friend makes up the music.

I came up with this one last November, and he said you really had to believe it to make it work. I do believe it. When I wrote it, my heart was aching for this girl.

I revisited it yesterday and wrote a new verse and changed the ending. I wanted to know if I was painting a good picture with my words or if I was just being sappy.

I thought that y'all could give me a hand and tell me what you think.

City streets

The city streets are freezing, the cold goes straight down to your bones

Nothing to eat since Thursday but there's no way you're going home

With no place to sleep, nowhere to go it's enough to drive you mad

You never got no love from mama and way too much from your dad


It feels like the loneliness will eat you up from deep down inside

Looking high and low just to find someone in who you can confide

Your soul's so full of emptiness, no one to catch you when you fall

It turns out the friends you've found have turned out to be no friends at all


At seventeen you've lived three lives, you've paid a heavy toll

You can't keep track of the countless times you've had to sell your soul

All wrapped up in yesterday's clothes, you watch the setting sun

Just trying hard to forget all the things you've seen and done


He's calling to you, dear heart, He's feeling all your fears

He's known you from the very start, He'll dry your endless tears

He'll walk with you and carry you so you'll never be alone

He'll comfort you and hold you and take you to your home


Thanks for the help.

Thought for the day -

The grass isn't greener, it's just on the other side of the fence.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suck at these type of things sorry!! It sounds pretty good though what kind of rythm?

As for your new look perhaps you will wear a mickey hat to co with your aloha shorts?

RR

12:42 AM  
Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

The first thing I thought when I read your fortune cookies was the aloha shirts too, even before I read what you wrote!

The song sounds good! I wish I could hear the music--can't you do a YouTube video or something for us?

Favorite lines:

You never got no love from mama and way too much from your dad

At seventeen you've lived three lives, you've paid a heavy toll

You can't keep track of the countless times you've had to sell your soul

All wrapped up in yesterday's clothes, you watch the setting sun


They offer a great visual!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

There is no music yet. I'm the lyric guy. My frinds do the music part and they're very busy.

The whole song flowed out of the "mama and dad" line. It's my favorite. It almost breaks my heart.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home