Friday, September 01, 2006

Bitter sweet

I got another rejection yesterday. :( This is not a crying, self pity bolg, so just keep calm, Manic Mom.

It was my first hand written one. Good news - Proof that someone actually read my stuff. Bad news - She didn't like it.

"I am sorry, I cannot find myself concerned about your heroine's (wait a minute, there are no drugs in my book) difficulties, so I think I had better pass."

I am disappointed, but not much. She is just one person. I know there is an audience for my book out there. I just have to find the right agent. If I don't get at least 20 rejections, I'm doing something wrong.

Well, I've got to go clean house. Have a great weekend.

Thought for the day -

Where does sticky stuff come from?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about your rejection letter, Drew. I guess writers have to develope a thick skin not to take rejection personally.

6:37 PM  
Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Drew, honey, babe, dahling... I shake my head at you. Do you know how many freaking rejections I have for 40 Weeks? I'm at least at or above the ONE-HUNDRED-MARK.

Okay, so yeah, I'm letting you have it, and I know you're not having a crying self pity moment... but it's okay if you did.

Hell, I got another rejection today. My skin is so thick, you could run rusted nails through my femur and it wouldn't hurt. That much.

As I told a friend what my tactic was going to be if I got to 100 rejections... I'm sending out 100 more.

You'll get there, I'll get there, and when we do, those agents who have ripped our literary hearts out, chewed them up, mixed 'em with whatever cruel literary agents mix chewed up hearts with, and shove them back into our empty caverns of chests, then they'll see... yep, they shall see... we will overcome!

LOL, and yes. I am insane, totally, completely insane.

Have you gone over to Miss Snark's website? Check her out--she's ripping everyone a new asshole during her crap-o-meter contest for shitty queries/first pages. I'm reading them, and learning from the others' mistakes.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

Manic - I know I don't have that many doors slamming in my face. It's still hard. I haven't had this many rejections since my prom.

11:59 PM  
Blogger B. said...

Keep plugging away!

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home