Thursday, September 07, 2006

Rock and roll movies

Last night I was thinking. My head still hurts. So I decided to do an easy blog list.

5 movies that you must see if you are a rock and roller.

1. This is Spinal Tap. "Ours go to 11."
2. School of rock. Jack Black at his manic best.
3. American Graffiti. The original cruising movie. Under no circumstances should you see American Graffiti II.
4. La Bamba. Los Lobos covers are totally cool.
5. American Hot Wax. The story of how rock and roll was brought to the masses.
6. Walk the Line. Just plain awesome.

Thought for the day -

"Hey kids, rock and roll. Rock on."

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love the thought for the day Drew....trivia question for you.....was that David Essex's one and only hit???

3:30 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

do things like "the song remains the same" count, or no since it's concert/documetnary?

3:41 PM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

I was going for the non documentary movies. If I were to list them, I'd go with

1. The Kids Are Alright - The Who
2. The Song Remains the Same - Led Zeppelin
3. The Wall - Pink Floyd (I know it's not a documentary, but it doesn't fit well in any category)
4. Woodstock - Everybody cool
5. Let It Be - The Beatles

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh I 'm going to see walk the line today on pay per view here at home with hubs hope its as good as everyone says it is

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked School of Rock but I don't know the others. I guess I'm not a Rock and Roller then.

I did see The Who in "Quadrephenia" but it was awful, does that count?

4:34 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

i'm a who fan but i'd agree that Quadrephenia did suck.

3:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good list Drew...

I'd substitute "Almost Famous" for American Hot Wax. And for pure entertainment, I would throw in "Rockstar" (yes the one w/ Marky Mark) over Walk the Line.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

Hey Jon, thanks for stopping by. Great comments.

BTW, as has been true since 7th grade, you're wrong and I'm right!

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home