Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Taking care of business

It's time for some blog-keeping chores.

Trish has put out a challenge to post photos from childhood.



Here's me in 1977.

Notice the Steelers jacket.
















This is the only one I have. All the others are at my mom's and she is doing a major remodel right now.

Now it's time for all my loyal readers (Drew's Crew) to step up. Let's see those pictures.

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for...



THE FIRST OFFICIAL DREW'S MUSE CONTEST!!!
Now is your chance for fame and glory. The lucky winner will get special mention in the Drew's Muse blog.
The contest is open to all members of Drew's Crew. (That's anyone who happens to read my blog.)
To win, all you have to do is tell me how my wife came up with the name Kalamazoo for our cat.
If nobody answers correctly, the winner will be chosen by our distinguished panel of judges (Me) as having the most creative entry.
The contest starts now and ends promptly at 11:59 PM PST on Sunday September 17, 2006. You may submit as many answers as you like. Remember, this is a family blog, so please keep it clean. All decisions of the judges are final.
Good luck and peace out.
Thought for the day -
Being funny is often better than being correct.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WooHoo!!

Great pic Drew...the bellbottoms are cool too and are those white addidas on your feet? I see them in the stores again, apparently they are back in style as are the pumas.

I'll have to give Kalamazoo some thought now...I'll be back.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hehehe awesome pic Drew!!! And great contest you have proposed....will have to ponder that one and try to figure it out!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

being funny isn't 'often' better, it's 'always' better!

nice photo - i had the same jacket, but not steelers, eagles.

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool photo drew, my bro had one similar!!


Kalamazoo?? will have to ponder this....

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok...I got it:

Your wife got her cat in KALAfornia from her MA that works at a ZOO.

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kalamazoo? I know, I know, but I recuse myself.

Love,
Momunit

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kalamazoo? I know, I know, but I recuse myself.

Love,
Momunit

11:21 AM  
Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Okay. I know this one.

You and your wife were doing it on vacation and that's when you conceived so you named it Kalamazoo...

Oh wait. No, that's not it. You're talking about a cat, not a kid.

I guess I lose.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She named it Kalamazoo, because you got it in California, brought it home and it ate a kazoo and everytime it meowed it made kazoo noises instead of the Kazoo noisess?

Or is it because everyone goes to Kalamazoo and thats where you got it in kalamazoo??

RR

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home