Thursday, March 27, 2008

To Phoenix Arizona all the way from Tacoma.

All of the anticipation and preparation is almost over. Tomorrow, I leave snowy Seattle (Yes, it's been snowing here this week) for sunny Phoenix, the Grand Canyon, and Vegas Baby. Twenty four hours from now I plan to be sipping on a drink with an umbrella in it at Margaritaville in Glendale Arizona. Life is good.

However, the best laid plans...

I was just informed that the water main that feeds Phantom Ranch in the canyon is out of service. That means no shower after I hike down. This is no hardship for an old time backpacker like me.
I will try to send updates if I can find the time and the Internet cafe.

Have a great week and peace out.

Thought for the day -

No matter how many ways you try, there's really only one way to wear a pair or underpants.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jenster said...

Have a safe trip and a great time - stinkiness notwithstanding.

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sound's like you'll be roughing it.

I've found 3. Brandon showed me one more.

DB

7:50 PM  
Blogger MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

I am jealous.

About the drink with an umbrella. Warm weather.
Maybe even the hike.
Everyone is on a warm vacation except me.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

no shower? here's hoping it rains just as you near the cabin/hotel...

9:09 AM  
Blogger kay said...

hope you are having a great time and don't stink too much!! :)

11:10 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

So your thought for the day gave me an instant memory of PeeWee Herman and his giant underpants on his Saturday Morning Show. He wore them lots of different ways....

Oh my, I actually found it on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAunpaO6XE0

7:01 AM  
Blogger B. said...

I think Drew fell in the canyon! Send out a search party!!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Steve H said...

love the steve miller reference!

3:49 AM  
Blogger kay said...

when are you going to be back and tell us all about it!!

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home