Thursday, March 20, 2008

Just something to think about.

While I was on my training walk today, I got to thinking. If the print, audio, and visual media are our guides, then the advertisers should be reflecting the biggest problems we face in this country. My observations of advertisements indicate that we, as Americans, face three huge issues.

1. Erectile dysfunction.

2. Obesity.

3. Our television screens are too small.

OK, now lets look at Uganda. They don't need advertisers to tell them what's wrong. They also have three problems.

1. They don't have food.

2. An enormous AIDS epidemic.

3. Someone is always trying to kill them.

Just something to think about.

Thought for the day -

Is it just me, or are our priorities a little mixed up?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not just you.

DB

7:49 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

no wonder everyone wants to be an american...

11:19 AM  
Blogger kay said...

ha patti how true!! thanks drew for putting things in perspective! it's something we all need to be reminded about daily!

and thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. i'm doing much better now!

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home