Monday, August 21, 2006

The end of the road

So that was it. My dream was over in the blink of an eye. I was dazed. The subway ride back to the hotel was spent in a fog.

My mom tried to console me, but I really didn't want to talk about it. I just needed some time. After getting some food and dealing with more med issues, I want to bed.

It was after noon by the time we got out of bed the next day. We had no plans, so we decided to take in a show. The concierge at the hotel had the hook up and got tickets to Dirty Rotten scoundrels with John Lithgow.

We got to the show and took our seats. (2nd row center) One of my fellow Millionaire contestants and her family sat right in front of us. Cool. We had a nice chat and I felt much better. Our talk was interrupted when Wayne Knight (Newman from Seinfeld) sat down next to me.

He was sooo nice. When I become famous, I want to act just like he did that night.

The next day, I came home. It was hard because I was not allowed to tell anybody about the show until after it aired. I had to keep my mouth shut for a month. I did it too. (OK, I did tell my wife) I got to set there while my friends watched me crash and burn and pretend like it didn't bother me.

I've always said that I didn't want to change anything in my life. Now there is just one moment I would like to have back.

Thought for the day -

The elevator isn't going to come any faster if you push the button more.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks!! Are you going to try again on millionare? Are you allowed to try again on Millionaire? You could always come to australia the only millionaires who have won here have been from overseas! Hmm.. so what does that say about Australians??

RR

7:28 PM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

You can only do it once. I don't konw about Austrilia. I'll have to look that up if I ever get down under.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home