Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Million dollar Disneyland

Before I start, I'd just like to say that I am totally jazzed that Hoot is out on DVD. Ya gotta love Jimmy Buffett.

So anyway, I was still trying to get on Millionaire. During this time, my wife and I went to Disneyland. I was very happy to find out that the newly opened California Adventure had an attraction called Who Wants to be a Millionaire - Play It. It's just like the TV show, only you compete against the rest of the audience to get into the hot seat. You have to answer the questions correctly and quickly to make it. It took me five trys, but I made it.

Unlike the show, you don't play for money, you play for points. I blew out on the 250,000 point question. I got a hat, a shirt, and some cool pins. My confidence also got a lift.

I played every time (2 more times) we went to Disneyland to get my Millionaire fix. I was bummed when they closed the attraction. :(

Meanwhile, the real show was dropping in the ratings. Mr. Philbin departed and the show left prime time. Good news: No fastest finger. Bad news: No phone in auditions

Fortunately, the auditions went on the road. When they came to my town, I was in line at the crack of 6:00 AM. I took the test and didn't pass. :( 30 questions in 10 minutes. They don't tell you what you need to get or what score you got. They only tell you that you didn't make it.

But I never gave up hope...

Thought for the day -

Don't burn you bridges. You may need to cross the river again.

4 Comments:

Blogger B. said...

There's more...right?

3:28 PM  
Blogger Drewpy Drew said...

Just stay tuned. There's at least two more.

3:38 PM  
Blogger B. said...

Yay!

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw you mentioned on Manic Mom and thought I would check your blog out. Good job! I'll be back to reading your musings.

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home