Thursday, August 17, 2006

Waking up in the city that never sleeps

Before I get back to the story, I just have to give a big shout out to Manic Mom. It seems like every time a new person comments on my blog, they say something like 'I got this link from MM'. Thanks for the help, MM, you rock.

So Anyway, my wife and I decided to vacation in Prince Edward Island last summer. (If you get a chance, go there. It's totally cool.) So I said, "If were going to be on the east coast, why don't we stop in New York so I can have one more shot at Millionaire?" I booked a time to take the test and off we went.

On the big day, I left my wife in The Met. (Also totally cool.) and made my way to the ABC studio. I waited in line with the other hopefulls as the official people checked us in. They took us to this bar (it wasn't open) across the street and I sat at a table with 3 very nice people.

When the test started I was shocked. It was a breeze. It was so much easier than the one I took before.

When they called out the numbers of who passed, I was in. Huge sigh. I talked with the producers and they said that I would get a postcard telling me if I was in the contestant pool or not.

I was as high as a cloud. I went to Starbucks, got a vente frap, and met up with my wife. We spent the day in central park and saw The Producers that night. (Seeing a show on Broadway is awesome.)

Now it was just a matter of waiting. I was sure I was going to get picked to be on the show. It was so close, I could taste it.

I'm going camping this weekend, so you'll have to wait till next week for the rest of the story.

Thought for the day -

Any test is easy if you know the answers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve H said...

"Any test is easy if you know the answers"

Amen to that, brother.

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home